Go back to normal view

 

History of our church

 

Mabel Sequeira was the first child to be Baptized in St. Stephen in 1901

   

On the 18th October 1909, St. Stephen, Bush Hill Park, was constituted a separate ecclesiastical parish by an Order-in-Council. The parish had as its northern boundary, "the brook separating the parishes of Edmonton and Enfield and running under Abbey Road, Wellington Road, Village and London Roads"; on the west Bush Hill and Green Lanes (which then included the part of the present Bush Hill from Green Dragon Lane to Bush Hill Road) formed the boundary ; on the east, the railway and "an irregular line drawn across the backfields to the front of Bury House" limited the area ("the irregular line" is now the Great Cambridge Road); the southern boundary was Salmons Brook.