History of our church


Mabel Sequeira was the first child to be Baptized in St. Stephen in 1901


On the 18th October 1909, St. Stephen, Bush Hill Park, was constituted a separate ecclesiastical parish by an Order-in-Council. The parish had as its northern boundary, "the brook separating the parishes of Edmonton and Enfield and running under Abbey Road, Wellington Road, Village and London Roads"; on the west Bush Hill and Green Lanes (which then included the part of the present Bush Hill from Green Dragon Lane to Bush Hill Road) formed the boundary ; on the east, the railway and "an irregular line drawn across the backfields to the front of Bury House" limited the area ("the irregular line" is now the Great Cambridge Road); the southern boundary was Salmons Brook.




Printer Printable Version